Thursday, June 16, 2011

letter by APJ


O my young friends, white and pink flowers,
I witness your beauty everywhere.
Cheering the hearts and,
bringing smiles to the faces.

O my young friend, "What is your name?" I asked.
O Kalam, dear Kalam, in bluegrass they call us - Dog Wood";
But as the children of spring,
We are the April Bloomers.

"O my friend April Bloomer, What is your mission?" I asked.
We the children of spring,
Are born to give and give.
Give joy to the spirit,
Give smile to the faces,
Give happiness to the heart,
Give grace to the life.

I stretched my hand and gently touched my flower friend,
"Thank you" they whispered softly,
"Kalam you touched us with tenderness of heart,
Which made us melt in the morning dew,
We are born to give and give and give."

Then the giving flowers asked me with curious blossom,
"What does the human life give to each other?"
I was puzzled and mind ran through several fields,
I replied "O my dearest young flower,
Your life for humanity is indeed inspiring,
For a mortal being, no joy is greater than giving"

Then the young April blossom waved me goodbye,
It fell down from the mother branch,
Humbly at the feet of the great tree.
With the parting message echoing as its fragrance,
It sung "I was born to give, even as I wither away,
I will be back next spring, to give, give again."

Note:

Dr Kalam has written this poem at BlueGrass, Lexington, Kentucky on 17 APR 2010.

While addressing the Community Members, Professionals and Executives at Lexington Convention Centre
Kentucky, USA on 17 April 2010 on the topic "Building a Better World", Dr Kalam shared how the poem emerged. Quote

"Friends, for the past two weeks I have been here in this Bluegrass region of Lexington. I have visited nearby places like Loui-ville, Nico-las-ville, Rich-mond and George-town. I visited industries like Toyota and Lexmark and universities like University of Kentucky, Eastern Kentucky University, Georgetown College and University of Loui-ville.

Everywhere I went I was greeted with smiling faces and cheerful greetings. All along the way I saw flowers, each bearing a unique color and adding beauty to the Bluegrass region of Kentucky in this radiant spring. Today morning, I went for a short walk to closely observe the beautiful flowers of vivid colors. Seeing the flowers with their fresh smell I wrote a small poem for blossoming flowers and beautiful Kentucky."

No comments:

Post a Comment